Cleaning with just water most likely goes against everything you’ve ever been told about what “clean” means. After all, that bleachy smell means your home is clean, right? Unfortunately, what that means is your family is inhaling toxic fumes. Using a traditional cleaning product does not mean your home is getting cleaner. In fact, the Organic Consumers Association states that “while the chemicals in cleaners foam, bleach, and disinfect to make our dishes, bathtubs and countertops gleaming and germ-free, many also contribute to indoor air pollution, are poisonous if ingested, and can be harmful if inhaled or touched. In fact, some cleaners are among the most toxic products found in the home.”
Meredith at The Mom of the Year gave e-cloth a try on a whim several months ago. What she discovered is that she could replace her former ways of cleaning with e-cloth and just water. Continue reading below to find out how she uses e-cloth to clean her home from top to bottom.
What are chemical-free cleaning cloths?
- They are cloths that you add only water to for cleaning, no chemical cleaning products needed. An e-cloth is not just another microfiber cloth. Advanced fiber technology and superior chemistry are used in the manufacturing of these cloths to produce amazing results.
- The fiber composition, fiber size, fiber processing and density of cloth allows e-cloth to achieve extraordinary cleaning and drying, outperforming other cleaning methods. For more more specific information about the fiber content of these chemical-free cleaning cloths, along with a video that helps explain how they work, go HERE. In short, surfaces are cleaned so effectively that there is nowhere left for bacteria to grow. Surfaces are left polished and totally smear and lint free. e-cloths rapidly absorb 7 times their weight in water.
Do chemical-free cleaning cloths really work?
Yes! e-cloths remove over 99% of bacteria. All the main e-cloths have been tested by an internationally recognized micro-biology laboratory (Silliker – 45 laboratories worldwide and work with McDonalds, Kraft Foods & Kelloggs). All have been shown to remove over 99% bacteria, including e-coli, listeria and aspergillus – Click Here for more information.
The Mop was proven to remove over 98%. Tests showed that, after a brief rinse, only 0.01% of bacteria are re-introduced to a surface. Additionally, because the cloths do not leave any residue on the cleaned surface, there is nothing left behind to encourage the development of bacteria.
The mop is SO easy to use!
Why are chemical-free cleaning cloths so great?
- Money saved. Invest once the cloths (The e-cloth brand is far and away the most affordable I’ve found and most products are under $10!) and you’re done. No need to keep buying cleaning products for your home.
- Time saved. I loathe cleaning, but true story, when cleaning with e-cloths, I loathe it a bit less. Why? Because it takes less time. I have separated my cloths into ziplock bags by rooms. If I have an extra 15 minutes to clean the bathrooms, I grab my bathroom bag and go. No need to dig for different shower, mirror, sink or toilet cleaners; I add water and I’m good to go. Easy-peasy.
- Space saved. Seriously, that nasty mess of cleaning products under your sink? Pitch ’em. You don’t need them any more. Hello clean, empty cabinet space!