In honor of Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month, let’s talk about allergies. I’m sure a large percentage of people reading this are reading through itchy, watery eyes. The Allergy and Asthma Foundation of America (AAFA) estimates that “[a]llergic disease, including asthma, is the fifth leading chronic disease in the U.S. in people of all ages.” In 2012, the AAFA estimated that “17.6 million adults and 6.6 million children had hay fever.” And it seems that “[a]llergies are increasing.”
Completely preventing seasonal allergies altogether isn’t really a possibility at this point, but many indoor allergy symptoms can be minimized or even prevented by reducing exposure to triggers. The most common indoor allergy triggers include: 1) harsh chemicals in traditional cleaning products, 2) mold spores, 3) dust mites, 4) pollen and 5) dog, cat and rodent dander. All of these are often found in household dust.
e-cloth’s unique fibers act like millions of tiny fingers that attract and hold dust, pollen and other allergens. These fibers have also been proven to remove over 99% of bacteria without the need for harsh chemical sprays. The specialized dusting fibers have a natural positive static charge that attracts and holds dust and allergens within its soft texturing. The fibers hold fast to dust until rinsed, keeping particles from floating into the air and affecting air quality, not to mention triggering allergic reactions. e-cloth’s dusting lineup includes:
- It used to be that you had to get on your hands and knees to clean baseboards. Not anymore. The Flexi-Edge Floor & Wall Duster removes dust, dirt, hair, cobwebs and allergens from floors, walls and ceilings. The Flexi-edges even clean into corners, along baseboards and easily around legs to chairs, tables and any other furniture
- You know there’s a lot of dust and gunk lurking under and behind your appliances. But how in the world are you supposed to get to it without moving them out of the way? The Cleaning & Dusting Wand bends to any position and is flexible along the entire length of the wand making it perfect for cleaning these hard-to-reach areas. Hint: Bend the end to easily dust along ceiling fan blades!
- The long, soft fibers of the High Performance Dusting & Cleaning Glove attract and hold dust, pollen, dirt, grease, and oil from crevices in cabinets and furniture, as well as any other nook or cranny. Because it’s a glove, you have perfect control of what you’re cleaning. It makes cleaning hard- to-reach and awkward surfaces including blinds, furniture legs and cabinets super simple. (It’ll give you clean blinds that even your mother-in-law can’t criticize. *wink*)
- High Performance Dusting & Cleaning Cloth has extra long, microscopic textured fibers to draw out and hold dust, pollen, dirt, grease, oil for an extra-deep clean. It coaxes dust and grime from nooks and crannies that normal cloths just cannot reach.
- Our Dusting Cloths are great for quick surface cleanups (like when your friend texts and says she’ll be right over). Keep one upstairs and one downstairs for last-minute swipes to remove dust from all hard surfaces with ease. Hint: Keep one in your car because you know how the dashboard ends up looking after a while!
So, why suffer from allergy symptoms more than you have to? e-cloth can help alleviate some of the discomfort and annoyance. Which products do you use in your home?